SET is a regional educational event held every-other summer on the odd-numbered years; the 2019 SET is scheduled for Thursday, August 15 - Sunday, August 18, 2019 (location TBA). The Region always brings in top-notch faculty for SET who share their vast knowledge with the region, and for 2019, we will have none other than Erin Howden, director of the 2018 International Championship Chorus, North Metro. Erin is also well-known throughout the barbershop world for her visual and choreography skills.
SET 2019 will follow this format:
- Thursday afternoon: reception and PVIs
- Friday: classes by regional faculty and PVIs
- Saturday: classes by Guest Faculty Erin Howden
- Sunday morning: specialty workshop! The specialty topic for 2017 was Quartet Education, and in 2019, the specialty focus will be Leadership, and targeted to chapter leaders...current or future!
What a wonderful time we had at our 2017 SET, held August 10-13 in Vancouver, WA, with special guest faculty is Bling!, the 2015 SAI Quartet Champions.
HANDOUTS: Below are the handouts from our weekend; feel free to upload them and "learn stuff!"
PHOTOGRAPHS: We also have a special page of photos from the weekend, thanks to Elissa Riman. Just click here to see them all.
HANDOUTS: (updated 9/4/17)
Handouts are also uploaded on the Members Only site, under Documents > Education > 2017 SET Handouts
- Adminstrative Leaders Lunch - Sue Beck
- Get More Members Through Better Marketing - Sue Middleton
- Addendum: PowerPoint presentation (added 8/13/17)
- Making Your Quartet Journey Fun and Productive - Debra Aungst (added 8/14/17)
- Identifying Problem Areas in Your Music - Susan Kegley and Janice Wheeler (UPDATED 9-5-17)
- Music Selection for Quartets - Nancy Kurth
- Problems and Solutions Discussion (for Front Line Directors only) - Nancy Kurth
- Rhythm is Going to Get You - Paula Davis
- Showmanship, the 30% - Sue Beck
- Addendum: Costume Vodcasts (added 8/13/17)
- You've Got This! - Bling's DeeDee and Dayve. You'll need this copy of this SET song for class!