SET is a regional educational event held every-other summer on the odd-numbered years; the 2019 SET is scheduled for Thursday, August 15 - Sunday, August 18, 2019 at Seattle Pacific University, 3307 3rd Avenue West, in Seattle, WA. Classes and housing will be on campus.
The Region always brings in top-notch faculty for SET who share their vast knowledge with the region, and for 2019, we will have none other than Erin Howden, director of the 2018 International Championship Chorus, North Metro. Erin is also well-known throughout the barbershop world for her visual and choreography skills.
SET 2019 will follow this format (click here for a tentative schedule):
• Thursday: PVIs and quartet coaching in the afternoon; Pajama Party in the evening!
• Friday: classes by regional faculty and PVIs
• Saturday: classes by Guest Faculty Erin Howden
• Saturday evening: Novice Quartet/VLQ Extravaganza, followed by the Champs Show and a social “Glimmer” after the show
• Sunday morning: Leadership specialty workshop! The specialty topic for 2017 was Quartet Education, and in 2019, the specialty focus will be Leadership, targeted to chapter leaders...current or future!
Registration will begin in mid-May; please check back often. If you have questions, feel free to contact our registrar, Evelyn Weiss, by email at [email protected].
It's fun! It's low-key! It's FUN! It's non-judgmental! It's FUN!
Thinking about dipping your toes into the quartet pool? Here's a great way to take the plunge: our Novice Extravaganza on Saturday night at SET.
Registering is easy. Just round up 4-8 members, half of which have never competed in any regional quartet competition. Pick a name for your group and prepare one (1) song to perform on Saturday evening after all the classes are over. Silly names and fun costumes are a plus but not required. Prizes will be awarded!
When you're ready to sign up, just visit this page! Questions? Contact Carol Ward / [email protected] or Cherie Letts / [email protected]