Registration for SET 2019 with Erin Howden is OPEN! Click here to be taken to our registration page. If you have questions, feel free to contact our registrar, Evelyn Weiss, by email at [email protected].
SET is a regional educational event held every-other summer on the odd-numbered years; the 2019 SET is scheduled for Thursday, August 15 - Sunday, August 18, 2019 at Seattle Pacific University, 3307 3rd Avenue West, in Seattle, WA. Classes and housing will be on campus.
The Region always brings in top-notch faculty for SET who share their vast knowledge with the region, and for 2019, we will have none other than Erin Howden, director of the 2018 International Championship Chorus, North Metro. Erin is also well-known throughout the barbershop world for her visual and choreography skills.
SET 2019 will follow this format:
• Thursday: PVIs and quartet coaching in the afternoon, and a Ready, SET, Go! party in the evening!
• Friday: classes by regional faculty and PVIs during the day, then Guest Faculty Member Erin Howden will tell us how to "Let It Go" that night.
• Saturday: classes by Guest Faculty Erin Howden
• Saturday evening: Novice Extravaganza, followed by the Champs Show. And following that, get ready for our Sock Hop! Put on your craziest socks and be prepared for some 50s style fun!
• Sunday morning: Leadership specialty workshop! The specialty topic for 2017 was Quartet Education, and in 2019, the specialty focus will be Leadership, targeted to chapter leaders...current or future!
- Click here to register
- It's In The Can information (updated 7/3/19)
- Updated schedule (updated 6/5/19)
- List of classes (updated 6/12/19)
- Campus accessibility map (added 6/24/19)
It's fun! It's low-key! It's FUN! It's non-judgmental! It's FUN!
Thinking about dipping your toes into the quartet pool? Here's a great way to take the plunge: our Novice Extravaganza on Saturday night at SET.
Registering is easy. Just round up 4-8 members, half of which have never competed in any regional quartet competition. Pick a name for your group and prepare one (1) song to perform on Saturday evening after all the classes are over. Silly names and fun costumes are a plus but not required. Prizes will be awarded!
When you're ready to sign up, just visit this page! Questions? Contact Carol Ward / [email protected] or Cherie Letts / [email protected].
It's In The Can!
It’s In The Can is a Region 13 fundraiser for the Young Singers Foundation, the official charity of Sweet Adelines International. The program encourages individuals to deposit small bills or spare change into a specially marked container throughout the year at chapter rehearsals, shows, and events. Annually, a check for the same amount is presented at SET (or designated Area School in alternate years). Beginning at the Thursday Kick Off and concluding at noon on Saturday, SET attendees will be selecting the winners, who will be announced at the Saturday night show. Each attendee will receive a ballot when they check in; be sure to cast your vote!
For 2019, at SET, prizes will be awarded for:
- The greatest amount collected/donated
- *Best Bling* Container
- *Most Creative* Container
Questions? Contact Sherry Morrison, Region 13 Finance Coordinator, at [email protected].