SET is a regional educational event scheduled for August 18-21, 2022, in Pasco, WA, and features the one-and-only Dale Syverson heading our Saturday class schedule. Dale is the Master 700 Director of the 5-time international champions, the Rich-Tone Chorus, which is located in the Dallas-Fort Worth, TX area. She is a Sweet Adelines International (SAI) Certified Expression and Certified Sound Judge, SAI and Regional Faculty Member, been on the SAI International Board of Directors, and received the SAI President's Lifetime Achievement Award in 2004. A talented baritone, Dale achieved international quartet champion status with Tiffanys in 1973 and Rumors in 1999. And, she's a hoot! You'll be educated and entertained all at once.
NEW! For the first time ever, FOR ONE DAY ONLY, on August 20, 2022, from 9:00 am-4:30 pm PDT, we are extending our regional event to ALL our barbershop friends and will be live streaming Dale Syverson’s Saturday classes for a single registration fee of $80. Attendees will receive a confirmation email with a live YouTube streaming link. This event will not be recorded, so don't miss your chance. Saturday's featured classes include: Creating and Exploring a Resonant Sound, The Art and Power of Breathing, Relationship between Sound and Expression Categories, and, What's in it for Me? Nothing but Fun! If you would like to register for Saturday's virtual event, please click here to continue.
Our outstanding Region 13 faculty will teach the Friday classes, which will be organized by these tracks: Administrative Leaders, Directors, Vocal/General Membership (Basic), Vocal/General Membership (Advanced), and Quartets. NEW: Click here for a PDF of the tracks and classes for SET 2022. Please note: all classes and tracks (with a few Director Track exceptions) are open to all registrants on a first come, first served basis, and that seating is limited, based on room size. Classes are also subject to change without notice.
Please note that our quartet coaching and PVI spots have all filled up.
BONUS! Your registration includes a Thursday reception with a special performance by Phoenix International-bound Spirit of Spokane Chorus; Friday, Saturday and Sunday breakfasts; and, Saturday dinner! We're also having a Saturday evening show featuring Pride of Portland Chorus and PrimeTime Quartet (both also International-bound!), a return of the Novice Quartet/VLQ Extravaganza (click here to register or for more info!), and an Afterglow with tags! It's going to be a very fun-filled weekend.
Please note registrations are transferable but NOT refundable. An online or paper registration form must be filled out for each attendee, even if someone else is paying for your registration.
- Virtual Registration for Saturday, August 20th only, with Dale Syverson: $80
- Regular Registration (July 21-August 15): $135
- Registration for young women, ages 25 and younger: $65
- Registrations after August 15 and/or on-site: $160 paid at SET
Hotel reservation information
All SET activities will be held at the Pasco Red Lion Hotel. Included with your reservation is complimentary breakfast, a business center, Tesla charging stations, free wifi, free parking, and complimentary airport transportation. All rooms have a mini-refrigerator and a microwave. Three full-service restaurants--including a sports bar, fine dining, and a café/coffee shop--are on site.
To reserve your room: Our special convention rates with the Red Lion ended on July 29, but you can still reserve a room for SET.
- We suggest making your reservation online by clicking here. You can also call the hotel at 509-547-0701.
- If it becomes necessary to change your plans, please contact the hotel at least 24 hours prior to the 4:00pm check-in to avoid a cancellation charge.
COVID protocol: The welfare and safety of our membership is always at the heart of any decision made by the Regional Management Team (RMT). With this in mind, risk mitigation strategies related to having a live SET were discussed and decided. The RMT continued to monitor the situation and during the July 10th checkpoint, the RMT confirmed they will move forward with a live event and offer an option to remotely view a live broadcast of the Saturday sessions with Dale Syverson (See above). Masks are not required, attendees who are at a higher risk of severe COVID 19 are encouraged to wear masks while in attendance, especially when social distancing is not possible. The RMT will continue to monitor the situation leading up to the event and make adjustments if warranted. It is not anticipated decisions will change unless the state of the pandemic significantly changes, or if mandates exist. Temperature checks, pre-event COVID testing and COVID vaccinations will not be required, unless mandated. You can read an explanation of their decision, as well as the COVID protocol for SET, by clicking here.
- REQUIRED READING! The Regional Management Team has formulated an Assumption of Risk Waiver and and Release of Liability Agreement, which you should read by clicking here. By completing the SET registration below, you are also consenting to the terms outlined in this agreement.
Ready, "SET," register!
"Regular" registration is in effect, which ends on August 15. After that, you will need to register at the door. Rates can be found above.
- Registering for Saturday's virtual event? Please click here to continue.
- Paying by check? If you wish to pay by check, you may fill out the registration form below and then mail in a check separately (info is on the Payment page), OR click here to get a printable registration form that you can mail in along with your check.
- Region 13 Faculty members: If you will be teaching at SET, you need to fill out a registration form, too. After you submit it, you'll be taken to the Payment page and will find further instructions there.
- And remember: registrations are transferable but NOT refundable.