Education is a top priority in NxNW Regon 13! To learn more about some of our upcoming educational opportunities, see below.
Region 13’s Area School program is designed to provide music education to members “in their own backyards.” In even numbered years, Area Schools will be conducted throughout the region, which means 2020 will have lots to offer as we hold area schools. Dates and locations are as follows:
- August 8, 2020: Alaska Area School in Anchorage, AK. Hosted by Alaska Sound Celebration Chorus.
- August 15, 2020: Portland/Vancouver Metro Area School in Vancouver, WA. Hosted by Columbia River Chorus.
- August 29, 2020: Eastern Washington/Idaho Area School in Coeur d'Alene, ID. Hosted by Coeur D’Alene Chorus.
- September 12, 2020: Montana Area School in Missoula, MT. Hosted by Five Valley Chorus.
- September 12, 2020: Western Washington Area School in Federal Way, WA. Hosted by Jet Cities Chorus.
The Arrangers Workshop
Budding (and advanced!) arrangers can learn from the best at our annual Arrangers Workshop, held in conjunction with Harmony College Northwest. The 2019 Arrangers Workshop is being held on June 13-14, 2019, in Tacoma, WA. More information >>
Summer Enrichment Time (SET)
SET is a regional educational event held every-other summer on the odd-numbered years; our next SET will be in 2021. Stay tuned for more information.
The Coaching Connection
Who couldn't use some outside help? Whether you want a coach for your quartet or chorus, need some administrative assistance, want to work with an expert on a show or performance package, having that "fifth ear" around is a huge help! Visit our Coaching Connection page to see a list of our Regional Faculty and resumes of available coaches (both inside and outside our Region). Plus, we have a calendar of coaching events going on in the region that are open to the public! You can learn a lot just by watching someone else get coached! Visit our Coaching Connection site by clicking here >>