Education is a top priority in NxNW Regon 13! To learn more about some of our upcoming educational opportunities, see below.
Summer Enrichment Time (SET)
SET is a regional educational event held every-other summer on the odd-numbered years. Our next SET will be November 11-14, 2021, in Pasco, WA, and features the one-and-only Dale Syverson. Here are just a few of Dale's accomplishments:
- Master Director | Master 700 Director (the first director in the organization to achieve this status by directing a Rich-Tones in the very first ever 700 plus score in Baltimore 1992)
- Rich-Tone Chorus Director (1976 to present)
- Certified Expression Judge; Certified Sound Judge
- Master International and Regional Faculty Member
- Previously served on the SAI Education Direction Committee
- Elected to SAI International Board of Directors
- Recipient of the 2004 SAI President's Lifetime Achievement Award
- 5-time international gold medal winning chorus director
- 2-time international gold medal winning quartet singer with Tiffanys in 1973 and Rumors in 1999.
Two years later, SET will be August 18-19, 2023, and feature Caitlin Castelino, baritone of LoveNotes and the director of the Diablo Vista Chorus. Read about Caitlin here.
North by Northwest PRESENTS...
Have you seen all our of NxNW Region 13 PRESENTS... videos? If you didn't catch them live on Facebook, you can find them below. Many are also available on the Region 13 YouTube Playlist.
- September 22, 2020: Janice Wheeler presents Write Your Own Tag, Part 6 / presentation PDF
- September 19, 2020: RMT Forum
- September 18, 2020: Janice Wheeler presents Write Your Own Tag, Part 5 / presentation PDF
- September 12, 2020: No presentation this week (WAM2 Area School!)
- September 5, 2020: Sue Middleton presents Managing Your Member Profile
- September 4, 2020: Paula Davis presents SAI's Song Assessment Tool
- August 29, 2020: Sharon Stockstad presents: Membership Matters
- August 22, 2020: Sandy Cahill presents So You Wanna Be A Coach
- August 21, 2020: Janice Wheeler presents Write Your Own Tag, Part 4 / presentation PDF
- August 18, 2020: Janice Wheeler presents Write Your Own Tag, Part 3 / presentation PDF
- August 15, 2020: No presentation this week (IdaGonSka Area School!)
- August 8, 2020: Rachel Pack presents The Power of the Voice
- August 1, 2020: Janice Wheeler presents Write Your Own Tag, Part 2 / presentation PDF
- July 25, 2020: BethAnn Bock presents Marketing Overview 2020 / handouts (6 documents combined into 1 PDF)
- July 18, 2020: Janice Wheeler presents Write Your Own Tag, Part 1 / presentation PDF
- July 11, 2020: Lucy Heinkel presents Basic Music Theory
- July 4, 2020: Time off for Independance Day!
- June 27, 2020: Ovation presents Our Past, Present, and Future / (Ovation slideshow)
- June 20, 2020: Katy Hawley presents Free and Open Alignment (with a Tik Tok challenge!)
- June 13, 2020: Jennifer Cooke presents Zoom Rehearsals 101"
- June 6, 2020: Sandy Smith presents (by special request!) Seamlessly Sharing Music During Your Virtual Rehearsal / (presentation PDF)
- May 30, 2020: Beth Smith presents TE Tuner 2020 / (presentation PDF)
- May 23, 2020: Open Forum with the Region 13 RMT: video
- May 16, 2020: Sandy Smith presents Virtual Rehearsals / (presentation PDF)
- May 9, 2020: Elizabeth Davies presents Books that Changed My Life
- May 2, 2020: Sandy Cahill presents The Clue is in the Music"
- April 25, 2020: Sue Beck presents Alignment
- April 18, 2020: Nancy Kurth presents You and Your Intercostal Muscles
Interested in joining the Regional Faculty? Complete the Education Faculty Application.
The Coaching Connection
Who couldn't use some outside help? Whether you want a coach for your quartet or chorus, need some administrative assistance, want to work with an expert on a show or performance package, having that "fifth ear" around is a huge help! Visit our Coaching Connection page to see a list of our Regional Faculty and resumes of available coaches (both inside and outside our Region). Plus, we have a calendar of coaching events going on in the region that are open to the public! You can learn a lot just by watching someone else get coached! Visit our Coaching Connection site by clicking here >>