Education is a top priority in NxNW Regon 13! To learn more about some of our upcoming educational opportunities, see below.
North by Northwest PRESENTS...
Have you seen all our of NxNW Region 13 PRESENTS... videos? If you didn't catch them live on Facebook, you can find them below.
- June 27, 2020: Ovation presents "Our Past, Present, and Future" (Ovation slideshow)
- June 20, 2020: Katy Hawley presents "Free and Open Alignment" (with a Tik Tok challenge!)
- June 13, 2020: Jennifer Cooke presents "Zoom Rehearsals 101"
- June 6, 2020: Sandy Smith presents (by special request!) "Seamlessly Sharing Music During Your Virtual Rehearsal " (presentation PDF)
- May 30, 2020: Beth Smith presents "TE Tuner 2020" (presentation PDF)
- May 23, 2020: Open Forum with the Region 13 RMT: video
- May 16, 2020: Sandy Smith presents "Virtual Rehearsals" (presentation PDF)
- May 9, 2020: Elizabeth Davies presents "Books that Changed My Life"
- May 2, 2020: Sandy Cahill presents "The Clue is in the Music"
- April 25, 2020: Sue Beck presents "Alignment"
- April 18, 2020: Nancy Kurth presents "You and Your Intercostal Muscles"
Region 13’s Area Schools for 2020 have been re-designed as virtual presentations while offering the same goal as our in-person schools: to provide music education to members “in their own backyards”...quite literally for this year!
Summer Enrichment Time (SET)
SET is a regional educational event held every-other summer on the odd-numbered years. Our next SET will be August 19-21, 2021, in Pasco, WA, and features the one-and-only Dale Syverson. Here are just a few of Dale's accomplishments:
- Master Director | Master 700 Director (the first director in the organization to achieve this status by directing a Rich-Tones in the very first ever 700 plus score in Baltimore 1992)
- Rich-Tone Chorus Director (1976 to present)
- Certified Expression Judge; Certified Sound Judge
- Master International and Regional Faculty Member
- Previously served on the SAI Education Direction Committee
- Elected to SAI International Board of Directors
- Recipient of the 2004 SAI President's Lifetime Achievement Award
- 5-time international gold medal winning chorus director
- 2-time international gold medal winning quartet singer with Tiffanys in 1973 and Rumors in 1999.
Two years later, SET will be August 18-19, 2023, and feature Caitlin Castelino, baritone of LoveNotes and the director of the Diablo Vista Chorus. Read about Caitlin here.
The Coaching Connection
Who couldn't use some outside help? Whether you want a coach for your quartet or chorus, need some administrative assistance, want to work with an expert on a show or performance package, having that "fifth ear" around is a huge help! Visit our Coaching Connection page to see a list of our Regional Faculty and resumes of available coaches (both inside and outside our Region). Plus, we have a calendar of coaching events going on in the region that are open to the public! You can learn a lot just by watching someone else get coached! Visit our Coaching Connection site by clicking here >>