Education is a top priority in NxNW Regon 13! To learn more about some of our upcoming educational opportunities, see below.
Region 13’s Area School program is designed to provide music education to members “in their own backyards.” In even numbered years, Area Schools will be conducted throughout the region, which means that 2018 has lots to offer. We're planning for area schools in these locations:
- May 12, 2018: Helena, Montana
- July 28, 2018: Portland Metro area (West Linn), Oregon
- August 11, 2018: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
- August 18, 2018: Western Washington
- September 22, 2018: Fairbanks, Alaksa
The Arrangers Workshop
Budding (and advanced!) arrangers can learn from the best at our annual Arrangers Workshop, held in conjunction with Harmony College Northwest. The 2018 Arrangers Workshop is being held on June 14-15, 2018, in Tacoma, WA. More information >>
Summer Enrichment Time (SET)
SET is a regional educational event held every-other summer on the odd-numbered years; the 2019 SET is scheduled for Thursday, August 15 - Sunday, August 18, 2019 (location TBA). The Region always brings in top-notch faculty for SET who share their vast knowledge with the region, and for 2019, we will have none other than Erin Howden, director of the 2018 International Championship Chorus, North Metro. Erin is also well-known throughout the barbershop world for her visual and choreography skills.
SET 2019 will follow this format:
- Thursday afternoon: reception and PVIs
- Friday: classes by regional faculty and PVIs
- Saturday: classes by Guest Faculty Erin Howden
- Sunday morning: specialty workshop! The specialty topic for 2017 was Quartet Education, and in 2019, the specialty focus will be Leadership, and targeted to chapter leaders...current or future!
The Coaching Connection
Who couldn't use some outside help? Whether you want a coach for your quartet or chorus, need some administrative assistance, want to work with an expert on a show or performance package, having that "fifth ear" around is a huge help! Visit our Coaching Connection page to see a list of our Regional Faculty and resumes of available coaches (both inside and outside our Region). Plus, we have a calendar of coaching events going on in the region that are open to the public! You can learn a lot just by watching someone else get coached! Visit our Coaching Connection site by clicking here >>