Sally Wallace, former director of Coeur d'Alene Chorus and the 2016 Heart of the Northwest Award recipient, was recently featured in the Coeur d'Alene Press newspaper. Sally says, "The local newspaper puts an article in the Sunday paper each week spotlighting one person. Because of our [chorus'] 30-year anniversary, they decided to run an article about me. They sent a reporter and a photographer to our home and interviewed me for an hour or so!"
Ever an ambassador for Sweet Adelines International and the barbershop artform, our favorite part of Sally's interview was when she was asked if she ever thought the day would come when she's done with Sweet Adelines.
Sally's reply: "That's not in my plans at all," she said, beaming her Sweet Adeline smile. "The Sweet Adeline Chorus is such a wonderful place to be and I really encourage other women, of any age, if you like to sing, come and see what we have to offer. It really can change your life for the better. Besides, it’s a lot of fun.”
• 1st: Wink (616)
• 2nd: Sunbreak (593)
• 3rd: Fourcast (591)
• 4th: Pepper (585)
• 5th: Vocalocity (564)
• Audience Choice Quartet: Takin' A Chance
• Most Improved Quartet: Spin Cycle (+44)
• Novice Quartet: Esprit
• 1st: Alaska Sound Celebration, directed by Peggy Benton (634)
• 2nd: a cappella Joy, directed by Nikki Blackmer (630)
• 3rd: Spirit of Spokane, directed by Mike Elliott (602)
• 4th: Jet Cities, directed by Ken Potter (598)
• 5th: Northwest Harmony, directed by Nancy Kurth (582)
Division AA (31-60 singers)
• 1st: Alaska Sound Celebration, directed by Peggy Benton
• 2nd: a cappella Joy, directed by Nikki Blackmer
• 3rd: Spirit of Spokane, directed by Mike Elliott
Division A (15-30 singers)
• 1st: Rolling Hills, directed by Lucy Heinkel
• 2nd: Blue Mountain, directed by Darlene Filla
• 3rd: Sound Harmony, directed by Judy Cooper MacLaren
• Audience Choice Chorus: Song of Seattle, directed by Paula Davis
• Most Improved Chorus: Jet Cities, directed by Ken Potter (+49)
...of our 2016 Sweet Adelines International Competition super stars!
And congratulations to Pepper, SoundFX, and The Four Get Me Nots on their contest performances as well. We know we'll be seeing you onstage again soon!
No front page content has been created yet.
North by Northwest Region 13 is a cutting-edge group of diverse women singing, performing, and championing a cappella music.
North by Northwest Region 13